Friday, September 14, 2007

Continued tweaking on the Book Description

I have renamed my book. It is now called Raw. I also tinkered with the description some more to fix some parallel structure problems and add a reference back to Carl at the end to make it feel more coherent.

My book, Raw, is a comedic novel about Carl Krauthammer, a 38-year-old who drops everything to do with his life and moves to Manhattan, Kansas. His move uncovers the town's deepest secrets, including an underground dairy dealing in illicit raw milk cheese, a militant wing of La Leche League that performs light domestic terrorism, and a formerly-respected author who thinks Carl can help him restore his missing mojo. It's a complete novel of approximately 73,000 words.

I am also considering adding this line:

I know what you're thinking. Set in Manhattan, Kansas? Raw milk cheese? Militant lactivists? How many times must we endure this old story? But I urge you to please take a look.

Is it too flip?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you're thinking. Set in Manhattan, Kansas? Raw milk cheese? Militant lactivists? How many times must we endure this same old tale? But I urge you to please take a look.


I think this is worth keeping just to get the word lactivists in there, which is clever, but I would do the little tweak I did there.

I also think you should consider as titles:
1) Raw Milk
2) Raw Milk from the Underground Dairy

Both of these would be better titles than Raw, imho, as "Raw Milk" is the hot trend that publishers could conceivably see flying off the shelves when people see the title, not "Raw", and besides, that's the name of an Eddie Murphy movie.
bb