Friday, September 07, 2001

I do not understand truck owners who feel the need to adorn their vehicles with decorations. Specifically, I do not get:

  1. The silhouette of the naked lady that appears on one's grillwork or mudflaps. Is this some necessary sign to the world: "Attention, the driver of this truck is a heterosexual, unlike SOME truck drivers I could name."

  2. The name. You've seen them, the cute names depicted in a deliberately ragged typeface on the back window or on the gate. Names like The Boss, Mighty Mo, BastardWagon. Okay, I made the last one up.

  3. Calvin urinating on the Ford logo. I understand Calvin urinating on the Oldsmobile or Yugo logos, but why Ford?

Can anyone enlighten me? Why would you spend money on any of this stuff? Perhaps I'll never understand the decorative truck owner.
Maybe it's better that way.

No comments: