Wednesday, July 25, 2007

So now I have finished the second draft of my novel, Krauthammer 2.0.

The last 124 pages were not easy, but it now is complete. I now embark on a month of intense editing of entire piece. I'm kind of anxious to read the whole thing in one sitting.

The first draft really didn't make any sense, as I made changes throughout without ever going back and fixing problems at the beginning. This draft I basically rewrote the first 1/3, edited severely the last two thirds. I am so glad I'm done, though, because the final scenes really pinpoint the theme of the book, something that I strayed from a little in the middle. I hope to have the whole thing done here in a month or so, before Fall classes start up at UMKC, where I'm pursuing my M.A. in English, Creative Writing: Fiction.

Next time I will tell you of my struggles getting a short elevator-ride deription of what the book is about.

No comments: