Tuesday, July 22, 2003

I'm standing by the pool last week and a small flying insect flew into my ear. I immedieately stuck my finger in my ear and it flew in deeper. It got right up next to my eardrum and began fluttering.

It was really an unnusual feeling, having a bug inside my ear. Actually, it was kind of painful. I was running around kicking things out of discomfort. At my wife's suggestion I banged on the opposite side of my head to get it to come out. That seemed to make it angry and it began to flutter more.

It was still driving me crazy. My wife suggested banging on my head again, to which I replied, "I am not banging on my head again." It was a response remarkably free of profanity. Then my wife suggested pouring water in my ear, which we did, and the bug was killed and presumably came out of my ear when I tilted my head to release the water.

I have since been told to shine a flashlight in my ear and the bug will be drawn to the light and come out. To me it sounds more likely that banging my head would work.

No comments: