Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Boston Baked Beans


I was just chatting about candy with a friend and she brought up Boston Baked Beans. Who on earth would want a candy modeled after baked beans? Beans are not something kids just automatically enjoy, like, say, grapes.

My friend says she is haunted by Boston Baked Beans (the candy). I recall liking them, and occasionally buying them at the 7-Eleven at 89th and Roe when I would ride my bike up there. I have not tried them in a long time. I wonder if they are any good. I would go over to 89th and Roe right now and buy some, but instead of a 7-Eleven, that retail space is now occupied by the Cremation Society of Kansas City. I'm not sure what that is. Possibly it's some kind of social club. Perhaps they get together for cotillion dances.


My next big idea is to create a candy based on German Potato salad.

Further reading:
Official Ferrara Pan site for Boston Baked Beans

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very curious indeed, Steve! I remember those, not because I bought them. I didn't. They turned up in my pillowcase after Halloween one year. How does one describe the taste of this confection? Sweet, pasty, not at all beany. Waxy?

FJ